Some background information for you....
My toaster (that I've had since I moved out on my own) lives on a counter under a cupboard that houses, amongst other things, my goodies/snacks/treats.
Sometimes I'll open a box of Smarties and just have a few and so leave the box sitting upright near the edge of the cupboard opening in case I want a few more.
The other day I felt like a few potato chips and so I pulled the bag out of the cupboard, accidentally knocking the partially opened (the top can be 'pushed' back in to kind of reseal) Smarties box so that they fell out and SOMEHOW one of the smarties fell directly into my toaster.
Well, that happened! So now I needed to get the Smartie *out* of the toaster so I slid out the crumb tray assuming it would be there but nope, no Smartie. Hmmm...
I shook the toaster. Could hear it in there. Somehow it fell in just the right way to get into the SIDES? of the toaster? What?
Well I could probably shake it out right? Right. So the shaking began. Yes, quite like trying to get a pick out of a guitar.... I just couldn't get the angles right. Especially not knowing what the internals were like or where the Smartie was. I did, however, get out three hardened pieces of crust that I also have no idea how they got in there! But after a lot of creative attempts the Smartie remained.
I thought about maybe removing the base but it was sealed in a way that made that impossible, at least for me. I think I maybe could have just left the Smartie and kept an eye on it in case the Smartie melted or caught on fire or something but the toaster is an old gal and was pretty low end when I bought it and has been sometimes a little weirdly uneven in its cooking, so I did some quick research into good toasters and found one with good reviews and got it and now I have a new toaster that currently has no chocolate type candies stuck inside and that's a good thing!
I really don't think I could have purposely done what happened by accident. Life is funny that way sometimes, eh?
No comments:
Post a Comment