Tuesday, 28 July 2026

Well, Um, Ooops!

I was in the shower the other day and I always step in facing the water and then turn around so it hits my back and this time when I turned around there was a spider (the long legged type) in the (upper) corner.  "Oh dude NO!" is what I said quite loudly because I had already wet my hair and wasn't really in the space to, like get out and deal with the spider quite yet and so then kind of had to deal with it *during* the shower itself.

Usually they're in the opposite corner which is easier to forget about so with this one I gave it my usual "warning" of blowing at/on it to sort of alert it that it's no longer in a safe spot.  This spider then decided to drop which is NOT in the playbook and then meant I had to really pay attention while also washing my hair.  

"NO, not that direction!" was the next thing I could be heard saying as I really didn't want it to either crawl towards me or into the water-splattered tub and then either die or have to be rescued.  

I managed to finish my shower and dry off and wrap a towel around myself while not losing sight of the spider and knew I needed to remove it to the hallway so I pre-unlocked the door and got my swiffer duster thing and helped the spider onto it and carefully moved it towards the door.

Now mind you the down side to the swiffer thing is that it's made to rotate to help you clean floors and so the spider was on the underside and I couldn't actually see if it was still there because ever time I tried to "flip" the base it would just rotate instead.

When I got to the door, my state of not-really-dressed and not really knowing where the spider was meant that I chose to shake off the spider on my door mat and not think about it again as long as I didn't see it (as per the rule book.)

So imagine my shock when the next afternoon I, for whatever reason, glanced at my front door and realized that because I had never actually OPENED the door to put the spider in the hallway, I had never re locked the door.  So, yeah, my front door was completely unlocked (but closed of course) for... I don't know, like certainly overnight and into the next mid morning!  Yikes!

Not so much a forgetting (I mean sure a forgetting) as a "didn't follow the routine so things got forgotten."  But yeah.  Will try not to do that particular forgetting again, eh?  Ooops!

No comments: