I have a list of blog post ideas that I keep on my sticky note. I've mentioned this before.
Well I just picked up that list to see if it felt like any of those topics could/should be talked about and after what I just wrote about yesterday they all seemed to be health related and even probably specifically health related to what I was just talking about and, well, I didn't feel like getting into that any more than I just did.
So I put the sticky note back down for maybe another time and maybe never (while I wait to see if my body adjusts/changes much or at all to the help I'm giving it or trying to give it.)
So I'll mention something else from last weekend/last week.
Ever since I've been old enough to know, I've known about the Snowbirds.
No, not the people who leave cool climates in winter to be in warmer places (or more recently, I met a couple who were like reverse snowbirds.... leaving Arizona for the summer to be in a cooler place... here).
But a team of RCAF (Royal Canadian Air Force) acrobatic skilled planes.
I've seen them many times over the years. Growing up on the mainland I remember going to the Abbotsford air show, probably at this time of year. I feel like we went a lot but I actually have no idea. Maybe it was once, maybe twice, maybe ten times, who knows. But the snowbirds were sometimes at that show and sometimes they'd do shows in/over a city I was in and those planes are being retired. Which I'm honestly sadder about than you might imagine. (They've just always been there, and they've always been cool!)
So last week (or was it two? Time is messy right now... stress will do that) the Snowbirds did a final goodbye show over Victoria.
Usually when they do a flyby I can see them from my place as they generally do passes and I'm pretty close (especially by air) to downtown.
This show was right over the water though (as I understand it) and so I didn't actually get to see them and that was a little sad but I followed the show on flight radar and wished them well. But a handful of days after they did a flyby for a charity foundation's 40th anniversary celebration (David Foster's) and they flew "over" my place a few times (as did three VERY LOUD AND VERY LOW jets... like wow so loud) and I got to see them for the last time and I'm glad for that.
And as I've often thought when they, and especially those jets, flew by... I'm very grateful to be living in a country that is at peace and that I do not have to worry about jets dropping bombs on me or that the noise of those planes might mean invasion or war. I hope that never changes. I wish no one was living with that.
It also reminds me of when Connor and I were last travelling down to Burning Man and we were in the parking lot of a grocery store (probably in Oregon?) and two US jets flew over and Connor and I stopped in our tracks and looked up in awe and no one else even noticed.
And you guys I'm not kidding but as I was typing this two jets just flew over my place. (I'm writing this the day after their demonstration show!) Wow! Much less noisy when they're not flying low for show.
So yeah. Thank you for the years of oooohs and ahhhhs Snowbirds. Safe travels back to wherever you're going to be on display (I assume) post retirement!
No comments:
Post a Comment