Tuesday 14 October 2014

Shudder

So I don't really drink much anymore.  No major issue, it just for a while it only made me feel unwell, and then it made me feel extra sad and so I just kind of stopped.

But over the summer, I found a yummy drink I liked and I've had the odd one here or there with dinner the odd night or two.

Over the long weekend, I stopped in the liquor store to pick up another bunch (they're canned drinks... did I pick up a case?  A... six pack?  Isn't that only for beers?) and I couldn't believe what I saw at the checkout.

Seriously young people.  With I.D.  Of legal drinking age.

They're SO YOUNG! 

C-Dawg and I have this saying that when someone's ridiciously young they're "twelve."  Now, I don't hang out with a lot of twelve year olds, but we're probably doing them a dis-service.  But seriously... these guys looked so young.  Young enough that I could hardly believe they were old enough to drive, nevermind drink!

What has become of this world? 

It's clearly not me.  I'm not getting older.  Nope... can't be that.

It must just be that they're now letting really really really young people buy alcohol.

Gah.

4 comments:

Army of the Frenetic said...

So that woman who was creeping between the Pepperidge Farm Chocolate Mint cookies and the Double Stuffed Oreos was you?!

Then I apologize, ma'am, for that swift kick in the shins when you approached me outside the store.

I thought you was the fuzz.



Victoria said...

I'm still limping, damnit!

Victoria said...

I'm still limping, damnit!

Army of the Frenetic said...

Hehe....er, I mean, oops.

*Runs to opposite side of room, giggling whilst trying to maintain a serious demeanor in the face of your bloodied shin*