Saturday 25 May 2019

You Know...

One of the benefits that comes from journalling (and yes, this blog is a journal - a personal online diary, not a fiction) is that sometimes you write something and as or after you write it you get an aha moment.

I had one of those yesterday.

As in I wrote what I wrote.  And then I finished writing it, and what I had said hit me like a ton of bricks.

I've been feeling so very unsettled.  And then I realized the why of it.  And I felt like "duh" and "holy crap" all at the same time.  I've been debating ever since about continuing to write about it, in the hopes it would give me more clarity.  Or peace.  Even if it meant knocking holes in the privacy wall I've put up.  Even if it meant exposing things I've been told it's better not to.  I dunno.

I'm also (unrelated...) half way through the year of flickr pro I bought in order to control the dumping of nearly a thousand photos flickr's new owners will do if I stay with a free account.  

I honestly really miss having photos on this blog.  I liked the visual.  I liked having an image break up the text from day to day.  But I don't want future dead links.  So I've stopped using photos, and haven't really figured out what to do going forward, image wise.

Now, cleaning up my photo collection is not a high priority but I do make time here and there and even having put a good few hours into it, I haven't really made a dent.  I don't want to pay for the pro account again but I'm aware I may have to.  I still think some grandfathering would have been nice, but I also understand they're running their business in the way they feel is best.  I just think since I used flickr in a slightly different way (to link to blog posts), I'm outside of their normal user sphere.

It is what it is, but I'm not making the progress I'd like to be making.  And, no, I don't have the skills to make a bot to do it for me, although I'm sure someone else could!


No comments: