Friday 15 October 2021

Bonus!

A few months ago I asked my doctor to refer me to a dermatologist (skin doctor) for a skin cancer check.

My old family doctor used to look over my moles in a yearly physical but I haven't had one in a while and BC changed the system so new doctors can't do the same sort of physical yearly thing.  Anyway.

I went to this dermatologist and she looked over all my (what I thought were freckles) and said everything looks really healthy, which is wonderful to hear!

She also "zapped" (like used a mini blow torch device with I think liquid nitrogen) a couple of ones on my face that have been being weird.  (One of them very cleverly "caught" itself the night before and so had bled a bit, thanks buddy for showing off like that yay!)

She mentioned that these mole things that she "froze"? would eventually fall off and then maybe leave a bit of a scar or mark and I was just so happy I got an all clear from skin cancer worry I was like OK GREAT!

So fast forward a few days and the one on my chin looks like a pimple gone very wrong.  It's U G L Y, you ain't got no alibi, you ugly!  And?  I GET TO WEAR A MASK!

OMG you guys, I can not tell you how happy I am that the oddity on my chin gets to be covered by a mask!!!  In other years I'd be so self conscious about people seeing this thing because it's not like it is a pimple that I can cover with makeup (not that that ever works anyway) and so now I can go out in public or to workplace and my icky will be covered.  WHO KNEW THERE WAS SUCH A GOOD SIDE TO MASKS!?  YAY!!!