Monday 18 October 2021

Huh....

My brain was wandering yesterday morning... something about me talking to the dermatologist I saw the other week and saying something about "aging skin" and her saying something about age and me not being "that old" or something like that.

And as I was having this distracted non conversation in my head I realized something.

I guess I've gotten to the age/stage of life where the practitioners I see are around my age.

I mean, versus them being several decades older, you know?

Like I don't actually know how old my doctor is or my massage person or this dermatologist or the dentist but they all seem to sort of be within, I dunno... ten?  fifteen years one way or the other?  Whereas for most of the rest of my life (going backwards) those people were... like my parents' age.  Older.  A noticable chunk of age older.

And of course this makes sense when you're a kid... and a youth, and a teen... and then even into your twenties.  And then someone retires and you don't think anything much of it and you change practitioners and sort of notice they're younger than the one who retired and then it happens again and again and soon you half talk to yourself one Sunday morning and you realize that nearly all of the people you see are "around" your age.

And then you ignore the realization that one day they will start to be younger... and that that will probably feel weird and uncomfortable but hey, no need to go there yet, right?