Tuesday 7 May 2024

Fighting The Good Fight

I think the lady who lives across from me (the building across from me) is trying to save some baby birds.

I mean she could be doing something totally different but here's what I've seen/heard... 

First of all it IS Spring.  And Mommy birds and Daddy birds might just be trying to make baby birds.

And one morning I heard a voice going GET OUT OF HERE and I saw a crow flying slowly away so I assumed a crow was maybe getting at someone's seeds or plantings or something?

But then throughout the morning I heard and then saw a lady in the building across from mine leaning out her window and banging a pot or shouting GO AWAY again.  And at least one of those times I looked out as she was doing it and saw a crow balancing at the top of a bush/tree/thing.  So obviously I can't see what she's doing or who she is directing it at but I do know that lots of birds will opportunistically have a snack of some other bird's eggs/babies, but that other animals will too (and we *do* have raccoons in the area so it could be them I suppose) so i'm just hazarding a guess as to what she's doing.

I kind of wish I could see whatever it is she's trying to protect and I wish her well in her attempts!

Nature... red in tooth and claw, you know?

No comments: