Monday 27 May 2024

Nearly

Nearing the end of another month it seems.... and I'm holding out hope that the sometimes called "June-uary" (aka "chilly for June" - something I grew up hearing my mother say) happens as I have LOVED the combination of long sunlight days with cooler temperatures, just loved it.

I am making an effort to not leap too far ahead into the warmer weather to come, and just to be, you know, present in what we're having right now but that being said, it does seem like this weekend will bring back the start of the warmer temperatures and I'll have to go back to being aware of my window coverings and air flow (fan usage) and such.

We did get some rain last week which helped, I hope, the land and plants as we've been in a drought, but let me tell you it did not help the drivers out and about that first heavy rain day.  I got stuck in traffic on my way home from work that was likely due to people rerouting off of the highway where there was an accident and I *still* came across an accident (on a curve) on my way home as well.

I also woke up one morning (I think it might have been Thursday?) super achy in my upper body (and left pointer finger of all places) and it confused me as I'd not done any heavy lifting or anything the day before which got me wondering about older/aging bodies.  But that should probably be a stand alone post, eh?

So, yeah.  May, which I struggle to not call March all month long (off and on) is coming to a close and I guess I just kind of gave up on the "why is this going so quickly" stuff this month because me noticing it going quickly isn't slowing it down any, you know?

No comments: