Monday 13 May 2024

Phew

We had our first warm days this weekend.  I'd say "hot days" but it's Spring, it's early, I know there's pretty much a guarantee that this was nothing much.  

I had read that they were coming so I got my fans out and portable A/C out and ready to go since I remember trying to do it last year WHILE it was hot and that was unnecessarily miserable.

It still wasn't great, and I didn't kick on the A/C but the point of this post is actually to talk about a moment Saturday evening when I felt the heat "break".

I don't know what exactly happened meteorological but I was sitting there and all of a sudden the fan blowing air on me was blowing air that felt cool.  Not cold, but not warm, finally.

Usually the heat starts rising about mid morning and by one or two pm I have to make sure blinds are down and covered and extra fans are turned on and that heat continues to rise and just sort of stops rising when the sun goes behind a building somewhere around 6:30 when I then open up the blinds to hopefully let some fresh air in.

Well, Saturday night it was about an hour and a half before that when I suddenly felt a change.  It was kind of neat actually, having heard a lot about "the heat breaking" as a moment and getting to feel and notice it myself.

I'd imagine I've noticed or felt it before in my life just it was enough on Saturday to give me a large sense of relief and like I'd survived the first small taste of Summer.

Thankful for that moment of breaking.  Thankful for a few degrees cooler seemingly coming this week.

No comments: