Wednesday 15 May 2024

Visual Weirdness

On my drive to work, there is a road I go town and turn from onto a main road.  (Typing this out sounds like a "well duh" but I'm leaving it!)

This is my third year (wow) in this location/position and for two and a half plus of those years there was a particular darkly painted restaurant at the opposing corner of my turn.

A few months ago, this restaurant (rhymes with Schmenny's) was demolished and all of a sudden that turn became weird.

It's partly, I think, because a building that's been there as long as I've been in this town is now missing and there's a large blank space where it used to be, but I realized that it's also partially that oncoming pedestrians would show up really easily against that dark paint and now they're a little harder to spot against air and ground, it's so weird and interesting!

I figure in the next few years something else will be built there, but it's funny to miss a place for its visual aspect, you know?

No comments: