Wednesday 10 July 2024

Baby Don't Hurt Me, Don't Hurt Me, No More

The instructors for the water fitness aqua thingy that I've gone to a few times now are generally somewhere around my age, give or take a few years.  

They mostly seem to change up the music from week to week and this last one I went to a grand majority of the music seemed to be from when I was a certain age (rather than when a lot of them use music more geared to the older crowd which to be honest I really love a LOT!)

By the end of the class I was pretty convinced of something and so I went up to the instructor after (once everyone had left) and said "is it possible that you graduated in the 90s?" with a huge grin on my face.

The instructor laughed right away "what, was the music a dead giveaway?"  I laughed and said yeah and turns out he did indeed graduate in the 90s, even if a few years after me.  

I think "What Is Love" was the real final tip off for me, and sadly I was the only one doing the "Night at the Roxbury" head bob (while also laughing.)

The music while being in the water while getting some stretching, movement and exercise really does make me happy.  And that blast from my own past was a funny change from the usual older stuff.  

2 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

I read "I think 'What Is Love' was the real final tip off for me... " and my head immediate did the Roxbury bob. It's reflexive now.

Victoria said...

Right? lol ;)