Thursday 11 July 2024

Break Please

One of the things I'm having an extra hard time with with this heat wave is that I keep looking at the forecast waiting for the day the temperatures fall and that's just not happening.  (Yet!)

Oddly (as someone who follows the weather) the forecasts keep changing, sometimes even within the same day.

They say it's going to be 31 then the next time I look they say 29 and then on the day 28.  Hey, I don't mind the lowering of degrees at all (every degree lower makes a difference for reals) I'm just curious at the instability.

Also, weirdly (?) one of the forecasts suggests WAY cooler temps than all of the others and I have to wonder if they're predicting for the airport rather than closer to where I live or if they have a different modelling system but whatever it is they're the ones I wish were going to be right!  (But everyone else disagrees so.... I'm not hopeful.)

But my point here was... when I see a cooler day, even if it's at the end of a 7 day forecast it gives me hope, I can tell myself I just have to get to "Day X".  I'm really hoping this wave dies off sooner rather than later.  And I'm trying to be pleased for those who either don't mind or really enjoy the heat.  I'm happy for their happy. 

2 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

It's so hot, I too am weather forecast watching (accuweather!) and not getting relief. :(

Victoria said...

Waaaaaah.... (although today was a bit cooler I guess?)

Let's have a break soon.... puhleaaaaaze!?