Monday 15 July 2024

Gah!

Since I went to my first aqua fitness class I've not done much else at the gym.  But I can't always make it to the classes and do want to keep up my cardio and mobility and stuff so last week when I'd missed a class (slept poorly, wasn't awake enough to go) I decided to go do regular gym stuff, and so off I went.

I discovered last summer that the gym I go to has air conditioning (WOO HOO!) and so I chose my favourite treadmill right by one of the output vents and I started my workout walk.

A few minutes in the treadmill suddenly STOPPED.  It was a very what the fuck moment (I may have said something similar out loud after catching myself with the railings) and I assumed I'd accidentally hit a stop button, yikes.  I restarted the machine and went off on my walk again.

And then the thing STOPPED AGAIN!  GAH!

Swear words were said again and this time I moved the magazine I was reading quickly enough to see a warning message of some sort flash across the screen.

Well, I mean that was enough for me.  I went to the reception/help desk area and let them know there was an issue with that particular treadmill and then I went to a different one to finish my workout.  To be honest, I held on to the railings for the rest of that workout just cuz I was a little gun shy!

Fast forward to the end of last week when I thought I should go have another little gym workout (thank goodness for air conditioning in a gym, really) and I chose a different treadmill but you guys I was still nervy!

I kept grabbing on to the railing because I kept feeling unsteady or like it might just stop or like I might trip or something.  I hope that feeling will pass but it's funny how brains work sometimes, especially when it comes to your brain thinking "I WILL SAVE YOU FROM THE THING!!!!" that it maybe doesn't quite need to save you from.  But I suppose it means well, you know?

(For what it's worth, I wasn't hurt, but I can't imagine what might have happened if someone had been running at speed on the thing.  Oh boy.)

No comments: