Friday 5 July 2024

In The New Things That Happened File

For years, I've marvelled at video of that crossing in Shibuya Japan that is called a "scramble crossing" where all traffic stops and pedestrians go in ALLLLLL directions at once (in the direction they need/want to go mind you!) so imagine my surprise when on a walk with C-Dawg last weekend, we went to a part of our downtown area that I haven't been to in YEARS and we waited for the lights to change and I assumed we were walking straight across and C-Dawg started to walk out into the road.  I was confused and so stopped chatting away to look down and sure enough there was a crosswalk going diagonally across the road as well as the straight across ones and all of a sudden I was in my very own mini scramble crossing just like I'd seen in the videos!

So yeah, I got a surprise magical pedestrian crossing experience that I didn't know I was going to get!  BONUS!

No comments: