Thursday, 23 July 2026

Sportsball

Sunday I watched somanysports!

I mean this is someone who hasn't had cable or a tv in I don't know how long but used to sort of watch sports "back in the day".

First my baseball team (I know, I have more than one but I can't watch three teams games all season long, that's what post-season madness is for!) had a double header due to weather cancelling the game from the previous day.  All I could think was "they're all going to be so tired!" Can you imagine if you skipped a day of work and then had to work two days in a row on the same day?  Uh, no thank you!  When they asked my favourite player after the first game what he was going to do he said "nap" and I'm like "there's a wise man there"!

After the first game ended, which... honestly, it kind of threw me off to be watching a baseball game at like 9am! I turned on the world cup (near the end of the first half) and watched that.  As a kid I'd watch, as you did, whatever my family was watching and so I did grow up with soccer and baseball and sailing and hockey and tennis and golf, so I know the game and I'm one of those "back in the day the game was different and better because..." people for lots of things (hockey I'm looking at you most notably!)

Then an hour and a bit later it was the second baseball game and so that was a lot of sportsball for me for sure!  I won't say I watched fully.  Baseball especially is a great listening/half watching game when you have commentators you like (which I'm lucky that I do.)  And the second game I didn't have access to so *only* listened. (Blackouts are stupid.)  And soccer you can half watch and look up when the crowd/announcers start to get all worked up.  But yeah.  Sunday sure had a lot of sportsball things going on.  

No comments: