I have been trying to introduce more fish into my diet but 1. I don't like fish (especially fishy fish) and 2. I can not stand bones in things and fish often have that. Plus, I don't like fish (not the taste, and not the texture most of the time) I mean don't get me wrong, fish and chips is great but that's more about the batter (and friedness) and lox/smoked salmon is fine too and I'll sometimes order mussels in a restaurant but I generally don't enjoy fish and the times years ago I tried to eat it more (I think I tried salmon mostly) the bones just wig me out (I even bought a bone tweezer thing) I'm just out and done.
I could go on, but the point here is that yesterday I was at a local store and they had pre seasoned little fish steak thingies and I bought one all proud of myself for trying and with the intention to just throw it in the air fryer and be all healthy and "good job me" and, well, every time I open the fridge and see it in there I think (or say) "ew" and... that's not good.
I have to eat it in the next day or two before "best by" date and my neighbour make the point/joke that it's Friday today so... "fish on Friday" and like I really don't want the food to go to waste but right now I don't even feel like I can stomach the idea of trying it.
Hoping that changes! But.... yeah....
4 comments:
I just take fish oil supplements to get the omega-3's. (Allergic to fish but can tolerate the oil.)
Great reminder Yvonne... I tried supplements years ago but feel like they gave me not so nice burps? ;) I might look into it again because I don't see this "attempt" working out or lasting ;)
Allergic to fish though eh? did you find that out the hard way?!
Yeah the burps are not great!
They... are not! ;) I did just find (online search) a brand that claims "burp free" so I might try them. the cod last night wasn't terrible but also didn't make me jump with joy ;)
Post a Comment