Friday, 14 August 2026

Tweet Tweet, Twitter Twitter*

So I have that "named after a famous wizard" bird app that you can open when you hear a bird and it will try to identify that bird for you.  I had it before, didn't like it, got rid of it, but my neigbhour and I talk about the birds near our place so she insisted I get it again so I did.   

It's generally pretty good at identifying bird calls but recently it has been unable.  I'mma explain! (Well, at least explain what I *think* is happening)

For the last week or maybe two?  I've heard what sounds like a very upset bird but just for short periods of time.  Sometimes so short that by the time I grab my phone, find and open the app, the noise stops.  But finally I got the app open in time to identify the bird and although the app knew it was hearing a bird it made no guesses.  What I figure is going on is that a bird had a baby or maybe a few babies and when the parent bird comes back to feed the baby bird is like MOM MOM ME I'M HUNGRY OMG PICK ME and because it's not a, like grown bird the app doesn't have a "reading" for it.

So now I'm officially a bird aunt of some baby birds that I may never see but them's just the rules I figure!

 

 

 

*Anyone else remember that old Lifesavers ad?  "Tweet tweet, twiddle twiddle, there's only one candy with a hole in the middle!" 

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

Definitely remember the "there's only one candy with a hole in the middle" part!

Victoria said...

I found the ad the other day (on youtube) and didn't remember some of it ;)