Thursday 12 April 2007

Gravatron the Invincible Has Spoken


So I called up He Who Has Not Yet Been Named tonight and told him we needed to have a serious talk.

I think he was a little worried until I started babbling about how CUTE the name "Link" was and how HOT Brendan Fraser was in that movie and how everyone LIKED Link. (Cool Brendan Fraser fact: Apparently in any Pauly Shore movie he's in, he calls himself Link. Awesome, no?)

(Note to self: Always do research BEFORE trying to win argument. Knowing this coolness now does not help your case.)

He was pretty insistent that Link wasn't the name that was going to represent him for all eternity on the internet.

There was a lot of pouting.

I told him all your counter-arguments and still he said no. Finally I told him that, fine, he HAD to come up with his own, "better" name then since he was being such a big party-pooper meany pants and ruining all my fun. (I may have left that last part out though)

He asked if he could have the weekend and I said "NO! We've (the royal We?) already waited since LAST weekend and WE all wanted Link, so no."

There may have been more pouting. (Note: It would appear to be difficult to pout effectively over the phone, but apparently I can. I have mad skills.)

He said he'd be ok with "Gravatron the Invincible" and I said "HA! I'm telling them you said that!" And then I mumbled that that was too long to type anyway and could he not come up with something decent like we had.

He said since I'm not using his real name for anonymity's sake (does anonymity need a sake?) could he be "Smith" or something?

This seemed like something I could live with so after a bit more "puhleeeease"-ing, I said I'd compromise and take Smith.

After all, Mr Smith is a hottie. ( Twelve Monkeys anyone? Thelma and Louise? )

So, as soon as I can make myself sit down, I'll tell you everything you've ever wanted to know about Smith*

(AKA. Link Gravatron Smith The Invincible, Esq.)





*
Or, I'll at least tell you something. Promise.





Unless,of course, I decide I don't like the name and decide to change it anyway.






This post took far too long to write.
I edited it a lot.
I need to sleep.

6 comments:

Michael Colvin said...

I like Smith already, he's a funny guy :)

dilling said...

I will think of that name more as Will Smith...whom I also quite like...since I consider him my twin brother(born on the same day)...so how about "j" or even "slick"...that'll teach'em. Or not.

Slinger said...

I like when "Link" shows up at a party with Pauley Shore in "Son In Law" Pretty funny.

Victoria said...

'Tis true Tod! : )


Dilling: Awesome! I can daydream about Smith as Will now too! :D Double awesome that he's your twin.

Slinger: I don't think I've seen that one. I used to LOVE Pauly Shore something fierce!!!

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

MrSmith made me think of Will as well. Both great MrSmiths to be associated with, so I guess he's done a fair job of choosing his moniker. I can hardly wait to read the stories;>

Victoria said...

; )