Monday, 18 June 2007

Always and Never


There's a wedding coming up a few weekends from now.

Friends of a good friend of mine.

Good friends by extension, I suppose.

Well, he's a good friend, anyway.

I don't really know the gal and it's a fairly intimate, casual thing.

I'm not sure I'm up for it.

The whole shebang.

The "are you seeing anyone" questions and the wedding-ness and the romance and the single-ness of me.

And maybe one other person.

Thereby automatically allowing everyone else to try to hook us up.

I'm thinking I might quietly decline.

Weddings are one thing when you're single.

Another thing entirely when you're freshly heartbroken.

5 Comments:

Blogger Likalia said...

It is times like this when you suddenly remember that previous commitment you have out of town. You know the spa weekend you booked at the Kingfisher. ;)

Monday, June 18, 2007 10:51:00 pm  
Blogger Ryan said...

I've been invited to a wedding next month where I don't even know either party!

(I don't even know why I was invited??)

Although I have a sneaking suspicion that a mutual friend between may have put in a word or two so as to try and help cure my "singleness disease".

Great.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 5:03:00 am  
Blogger Victoria said...

Oh, Likalia, how could I have forgotten? I booked that months, nay, years ago! ; )

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 7:55:00 am  
Blogger Victoria said...

Actually, it looks yummy!

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 7:56:00 am  
Blogger Victoria said...

Ryan: That pesky disease! sigh. Maybe they'll have good beer?

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 7:56:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Please don't steal stuff from here, it's not nice. But leave a comment, why don't cha? And drink more water. It's good for you.

P.S. If you think you know me? You probably don't. If you're sure you know me? Pretend you don't. I'll never admit I know what you're talking about anyway.

P.P.S. All this stuff is copyright from then til now (Like, 2006-2017 and then some.) Kay? Kay.