Friday, 22 February 2008

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes


We all know how much I hate change.

Well, ok, maybe we don't all know how much I hate change, but you'll just have to trust me on this one. I'm not a fan of change.

None of it. Do not want!

But, you know, along with Death and Taxes, the only sure thing is change, right?

Right.

I'm getting a new computer.

There, I said it.

It's not so much a matter of necessity. As in, my current computer's not dead or anything (oh, geez, knock on wood, I may have just cursed myself!) but the situation is such that I can get a new laptop without becoming poor and destitute. Good, right? Well, yeah, except I have to give up my old laptop as a trade-in of sorts and even as I'm typing on it right now I'm missing it.

This has been a really good machine and we've been through a lot together. I started my blog on this computer and stuff. Sure, this computer has had its ups and downs, (mainly, I believe, due to the crazy electrical in this building, or possibly the plutonium implants I have in my fingers) but that doesn't mean I don't love it so totally.

So, sticky keys and broken speakers and all, I'm gonna miss this buddy of mine. *sniff*

All this to say, if all of a sudden I disappear from your sites for a while? It means I didn't manage to transfer my bookmarks effectively. Or something. Or maybe it means I can't figure out how to open up the new machine.

We'll see.

9 Comments:

Blogger Likalia said...

Poor little laptop I'm sure it is just as sad that you have to give it up.

What is your new machine going to be?

Friday, February 22, 2008 9:08:00 am  
Blogger Alexandra said...

I so need a new laptop yet keep putting it off. The money always seems to be better spent on something else ( ahem...shoes).

Enjoy your new buddy!

Friday, February 22, 2008 10:06:00 am  
Blogger Jenn said...

I have to agree with Alexandra - new shoes do rule over a new laptop... regardless, Enjoy!

Friday, February 22, 2008 4:21:00 pm  
Blogger McGone said...

All this to say, if all of a sudden I disappear from your sites for a while?

You're dumping us, aren't you? This computer thing is just a cover. Come on, V, just admit it!

Friday, February 22, 2008 4:22:00 pm  
Blogger Victoria said...

Likalia, I don't know if anybody's told my laptop yet. I know I won't be able to. *sniff*

My new one's gonna be a MacBook, but we won't talk about that yet, you know in case the other one's listening...

Alexandra, yeah, stuff does just keep getting in the way, I know!
; )

Jenn, shoes over laptops, eh? ; )


McGone, I didn't know how else to say it, buddy. It's not you... it's me.

Or something.

Friday, February 22, 2008 4:39:00 pm  
Blogger abstractjenn said...

What kind of laptop?????

Saturday, February 23, 2008 5:23:00 am  
Blogger Victoria said...

A MacBook : )

Saturday, February 23, 2008 9:21:00 am  
Blogger Aurora said...

May the spirit of your old computer live on in your new.

Saturday, February 23, 2008 7:52:00 pm  
Blogger Victoria said...

Well, hey Aurora, I like that thought a lot!

Yeah, I'm going with that : )

Saturday, February 23, 2008 8:00:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Please don't steal stuff from here, it's not nice. But leave a comment, why don't cha? And drink more water. It's good for you.

P.S. If you think you know me? You probably don't. If you're sure you know me? Pretend you don't. I'll never admit I know what you're talking about anyway.

P.P.S. All this stuff is copyright from then til now (Like, 2006-2017 and then some.) Kay? Kay.