Monday 21 July 2008

Shaky


Just ran into one of my exes.

Like, right now.

Except, I probably won't post this til tomorrow morning, so, I guess I ran into my ex last night.

Or whatever. I'll post this. And then I won't *just* have ran into my ex, but as of right now, as of this writing, I just ran into my ex.

This one. DD, the drunk dialer. Him.

He who hasn't been seen in years. Even though he's the only one of my exes from the last few years who lives in town, I never see him.

But I just did.

I didn't talk to him, had my earphones in, saw him, smirked at him as I walked by, wondered if he recognized me, wondered why I smirked, wished I'd stopped and talked to him, felt glad that I didn't stop and talk to him and then I found myself getting a little dizzy and realized I'd forgotten to keep breathing.

Walked the rest of the way home feeling like he was following me, wondering what he was doing and wondering why he still hasn't shaved off his beard.

It's all struck me harder than I would have thought and I'm feeling a little weird. Hopefully that'll pass, and hopefully he doesn't still have my number.

Weird.

Need to shake this one off.

3 comments:

Alexandreena said...

Running into exes elicits all sorts of weird responses in people, doesn't it?

The Single Girl said...

I hate that feeling. Running into one of my exes can make me feel sick to my stomach. Ugh.

Hope you successfully shook it off.

Hugs

TSG

Victoria said...

Alexandreena, it sure can

TSG, I'm working on shaking it off ;)