Thursday 25 September 2008

Shakin' My Head


So Bird randomly texted me a couple of times recently.

Once was to invite me to a "birthday thing" but I already had plans so was able to politely say no. But he didn't get back to me anyway, not even when I emailed to ask if it was his birthday and if so, happy birthday.

The next was to tell me he'd run into two spies and did I know them? (Yes, strangely enough, I did. I used to work with them. Random) And when I emailed him later that day to ask how he'd met these spies he never responded.

So I'm not sure if he's trying to put out an olive branch or make himself feel better by "talking" to me even though he's not talking to me or....whatever. It all just continues to feel childish and makes me glad I didn't really date much in high school. Or University for that matter. Serial monogamist that I was. (Am?)

At a conference early last week, I ran into one of the spies Bird had met and she asked me how I knew him. And then she said "well, he's hot, sure, but damn, that guy's such a ladies' man."

And I just smiled. Because, yes. He certainly does present himself that way.

6 comments:

cocoa_no_gogo said...

What does that term mean exactly "ladies' man"? How does one become one?

Victoria said...

Cocoa, I believe the term was most excellently (tongue in cheek?) defined in Urban Dictionary thusly: Misguided persona adopted by men attempting to mask various social or emotional issues, intended to promote a positive self image as unattainable and incapable of being satisfied with only one lady.

The discrepancy between individuals who tend to adopt this social identity and individuals who are genuinely desirable to women has lead to the more frequent association of the negative implications of the term.

The term player or playa is a euphemism synonymous with ladies man however because it is a relatively newer term it is less frequently used in mockery for its negative connotations and is typically intended to convey only the capricious nature of an individuals intimate relationships. "

I, however, see it as a guy so full of himself that he thinks he's super hot and could get any woman he wanted, if in fact, any women were hot enough for him to want. ;)

One becomes one through years of training and self denial, I imagine! heh.

heh.

Janee said...

Bird = narcissistic.player.

Victoria said...

Janee? You just gave me a great giggle, thanks! ;)

Janee said...

It was the truth and you are welcome! :)

Victoria said...

Heh