Tuesday 23 March 2010

The Danger To Low Light Shooting


OK, before we go any further, you need to re-read that title. But you need to re-read it in a deep scary voice. With big Duh Duh Duuuuuuh! Type music in the background. Maybe like a public service type thing like, "The Danger of Drug Use" type voice.

Go on, re-read it, I'll wait.

Alrighty then.

So, I wrote myself the note on my "things to blog" post-it (an electronic one on my computer!) - danger to low light shooting.

Then when I went to think about writing the post it sounded very dramatic. The DANGER! Oooooooooh!

I think, really, all I was trying to say is that I love the time of night where the light's fading. Twilight, evening, dusk.

The colours are beautiful, things (especially at this time of year) smell beautiful and the light's awesome.

The problem? The light's low.

Which means there's not a lot of it. Which means things are blurry when I try to take a photo.

And I don't carry a tripod most days, so I get cool, but blurry photos (like the one above).

So the (duh duh duuuuuh!) danger to low-light shooting is the blur. Things that could be awesome awesome photos blur.

The end.


This public service announcement brought to you by Victoria's brain. The more you know!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Victoria,
It's been too long. Hope you are good! This is for you...I love the Beatles too. Fun game you were right!
"James"

PICK YOUR ARTIST:
The Beatles

ARE YOU MALE OR FEMALE:
I am the Walrus
DESCRIBE YOURSELF:
The Long and Winding Road

HOW DO YOU FEEL:
It’s All Too Much

DESCRIBE WHERE YOU CURRENTLY LIVE:
Blue Jay Way
IF YOU COULD GO ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD YOU GO:
Across The Universe

YOUR FAVORITE FORM OF TRANSPORTATION:
Yellow Submarine

YOUR BEST FRIEND IS:
If You’ve Got Trouble

YOU AND YOUR BEST FRIENDS ARE:
Don’t Let me Down
WHAT'S THE WEATHER LIKE:
Good Day Sunshine

FAVORITE TIME OF DAY:
Good Night

IF YOUR LIFE WAS A TV SHOW, IT WOULD BE CALLED:
In My Life

WHAT IS LIFE TO YOU:
Every Little Thing

YOUR CURRENT RELATIONSHIP:
Help!

YOUR FEAR:
I want to Tell You

A FOND MEMORY:
I saw Her Standing There

WHAT IS THE BEST ADVICE YOU HAVE TO GIVE:
I Should Have Known Better

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Everybody’s Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey

HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO DIE?
Like Dreamers Do

YOUR SOUL'S PRESENT CONDITION:
I’ve Got a Feeling

MOST FAITHFUL COMPANION:
Junk

YOUR MOTTO:
All You Need is Love

Victoria said...

Fun one James! :)

Stephanie Hunter said...

Is it sad that I did literally read the title in the voice you suggested? Very effective.

Victoria said...

Heck no, not sad: Friggin AWESOME! *high fives you*