Friday 26 March 2010

Flattery Will Get You, Er, Um, Well, This Is Awkward

So, C-dawg and I had an interesting night out last weekend.

I mean, we had fun an all, but I also got asked to dance.

By a 60 year old man.

Seriously.

And when I told him that, no, I was fine thanks, he asked me if I knew how to "raise the spinnaker."

Which is either literal, in which case, yes, I do know how to raise the spinnaker in a boat, or figurative. If it's figurative, I'm hoping it's a type of dance move and not, you know, some kind of kinky thing. No, I'm not googling it, just in case.

Then there was the other older gentleman who asked me what we were drinking and when I couldn't remember what it was called (come on, I'd had a few drinks, it's not my fault) but that it tasted like chocolate he snorted and said he wasn't going to buy me a drink that tasted like chocolate.

Which struck me as funny because I didn't know he'd been offering to buy us drinks. There's little old innocent me just thinking the nice old man's making conversation.

And then to round off our evening, as C-dawg and I were leaving, we walked by a very inebriated street person of indeterminate age, but certainly closer to 50 than 20, who very loudly expressed to us that "Hey, I'd bang you!"

So, all in all, I totally got hit on, but it really wasn't as flattering as you'd think.

Heh.

2 comments:

Ms Behaviour said...

Okay, I was half joking when I just suggested a change of neighbourhood on your last post but perhaps the average age demographic in Victoria is not quite the range you are looking for?

Victoria said...

Nah, we're a University town after all. It just depends what place you go in to. The one we were in has a super mixed crowd :)