Friday 23 April 2010

Guilt


I had a small ant invasion.

Or rather, I had an invasion of small ants.

I debated what to do for a long time, but between worrying about cleanliness and getting a little creeped out, I finally got some ant killer stuff, sprayed it where they were coming out of the walls and haven't seen any since.

The problem is that I feel so bad.

I feel like apologizing to them and telling them I'm so sorry I didn't want them in my house.

I feel like a big old nasty murderer.

Sorry little ants.

But maybe they just didn't like the spray and so they moved out? Yes, that must be it!

Sigh.

5 comments:

Kas said...

yeah, that's it... You offended their delicate olafactory sense. Yeah, that's a good story & I'd stick with it!

Dominic said...

Next time just dump some sugar outside. They'll all divert out of your house and over to the sugary bonanza so fast you'll think they'd used Twitter.

...actually, that WOULD explain a lot, come to think of it

Victoria said...

Yeah, Kas, that's it! :)

Dominic, they're probably totally Twittering it ;)

Radiant Monkey said...

ants. it's us or them. with bugs, you can't just lay down. we're not just in the way. we're on the menu. i'm proud of you for nuking them. but maybe it's a guy thing, or because i read the red badge of courage as a little kid. i can't walk by an ant hill without wanting to stick my hand in. they taste like vinegar. but i don't do it very often.

Victoria said...

Bruce, just don't stick your hand in any fire ant hills. They be nasty little buggers.