Thursday 15 July 2010

I'll Take A Jim Please*

I've been watching my way through The Office lately.

I know, I know, I'm late to the bandwagon, but I saw the British Office first and just couldn't make the transition, but a co-spy-worker convinced me to give it another shot, so I have. And I'm glad I did. (I just try to pretend the two shows aren't related at all)

I've noticed something though. When I first started watching, I found the theme song and intro so sad. Like a social commentary on the sadness of their lives and jobs and just....sad. But now I'm starting to smile as I watch the intro, it's the strangest thing.

Maybe all the laughs I'm getting from the show are pavlovian dog-ing me into laughing when I hear the theme. That's probably it.



P.S. It's funny. I wish I worked there. No, I wish I was a camera man there!


*And, yes, I do know what happens with Jim and Pam. I just am really looking forward to seeing it evolve. And double yes, I do know that both actor Jim and actress Pam got married in real life (not to each other, but still) and, awwwwwww!

8 comments:

Charles said...

listen: the office makes me CRY sometimes. Jim and Pam are THE best romance story for me, and the way it is put together is just... I don't know... brilliant to say the least.

I LOVE the office. and this from the man who doesn't have TV in his house and rails against network TV of all kinds.

I have a soft spot for jim. He literally makes me cry. Welcome to our club. you will like it here.

http://arealgoodblog.blogspot.com

Victoria said...

You know who's been making me cry lately? Michael. Because when he's sweet, he's just so lovely.

It's really good. I'm glad to have joined the club.

Charles said...

Michael makes me cry too sometimes.

Other times though he is almost too much to take... his sociopathy is off putting even from my couch....

Who's your favorite character then? I really like Toby...

http://arealgoodblog.blogspot.com

Victoria said...

EVERYONE!

Or probably Jim.

But, everyone!

Awwww Toby.

Jonathan Beckett said...

I keep meaning to watch the US show - I've seen the odd episode, and really liked it.

If anything, from what I have seen the US show is much better than the UK one - deeper, and not as wretch inducing.

Victoria said...

I would just recommend pretending the two shows aren't related at all if you can. :)

Anonymous said...

I like the show too... :)

Victoria said...

It's a good one!