Monday 30 August 2010

ISP-roblems


Oh y'all.

I have not had a good internet week.

Or two.

A couple of Fridays ago, my internet started getting really slow. Real. ly.

Anything past lunch time and I was barely able to check websites. Forget about streaming or uploading photos or generally doing any of the things I use the internet for.

It got frustrating really quick. So I looked into changing providers and decided to switch from the local business I've been with since I moved here to a bigger, better known provider.

I wish I'd asked around first though, because once I told people who I was switching to they all asked me why I wasn't going with someone else and had I run into their poor customer service yet.

Which I hadn't.

But quickly did.

Unfortunately.

I won't go into the details because they'll bore you and frustrate me, but the ten days I went without having internet at home left me feeling out of touch, fidgety, and frustrated.

Several strongly worded phone calls (from me) later, I'm finally up and running with my new service providers and, well, at least it's an improvement from the broken down-ness I was dealing with before.

I really do hope that things work out and go smoothly with this provider. (Partially because I'd rather not deal with their customer service people again!)

On the flip side, polar opposite style, I've had two of the most excellent, easy, prompt, friendly, polite encounters with amazon.ca's customer service department you could ever imagine. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

I was worried this weekend that I wouldn't be able to get internet access at home and wouldn't be able to post, because once I decided to switch, there was no longer slow internet just none at all and three days of none turned into four and I worried it'd be five or six but here I am posting happily away so it all worked out just in time in the end.

Phew.

Now to get caught up on all my shows and blogs and comic strips and other online things. At last!

How was your week?

2 comments:

Michael (Washington, D.C.) said...

Honey, EVERYONE in Canada is just so darn nice. The government must give you all sweetheart pills before you're allowed to speak with other homo sapiens. I encountered this very phenomenon myself in a visit to Vancouver and VICTORIA, BRITISH COLUMBIA, some years back. Lovely city, with a neat downtown bookstore. Plus, they let me walk through the provincial capitol building unattended. Then we sailed between the island and B.C. all the way to Alaska. Fabulous!

If it weren't for the rain, I might actually want to live there. Exquisite countryside. (Lead-brained men seem the same everywhere, however. Sorry.)

Victoria said...

We are pretty nice people in these here parts! :)

(And you get used to the rain) ;)