Saturday 28 August 2010

Of Course

Do you guys remember DD?

You know, the one who drunk dialed me out of the blue when I hadn't spoken to him in months?

The one I ran into three nights in a row a couple of summers ago?

The one I was dangerously attracted to. "Dangerously" because I knew it wasn't a good relationship. Dangerously because I waited and waited while he was away for work without a promise or commitment from him. Remember?

Yeah, well, guess who's just shown up on the on line dating site? Go on, guess!

Was I moderately tempted to message him? Yes. Momentarily.

Was I moderately tempted to message him nastily and anonymously? Yes. Momentarily.

Am I tempted to delete my profile never ever ever to return? Yes. I am.

Yet another strike against you I'm afraid, on line dating.

3 comments:

julia said...

I've had profiles on various dating sites, but I always end up taking them down within a week or two. I am absolutely terrified of online dating.

Anonymous said...

I've been starting to write a 'relationships' blog online and I wanted to join a site, despite having a boyfriend... not recommending it then?

Victoria said...

I've downgraded from terrified to suspicious Roxy... I think some people may be better suited for it than others?

Some folks really like it Raz. So far, I'm not one of them :/