Tuesday 31 August 2010

Soon

I've been wanting to talk about this guy from high school for a while here, but I can't come up with a new name for him.

I can't use his real name because it's such an unusual name that it'd be utterly recognizable to anyone who knew him and I'm just not ready to be unveiled on the internet. (Doubt I ever will be actually.)

So I've been trying and trying to come up with a name for him but nothing works. He *is* his name, his name is him. I've never come across this feeling before in the time I've been writing here; the inability to change the smallest detail about someone in order to let me tell their story.

I'll find one soon, one close in heritage or meaning or feeling. One that evokes who he is as much as his real name does.

He was a force in my life. Still is. As a ghost in the background now, hovering in the back of my mind, my consciousness, my spirit and soul.

I'll name him. And then I'll tell you about him.

I promise.

6 comments:

Just Sayin... said...

If he's a ghost, name him Casper. It's genernic enough. :)

Looking forward to hearing about him.

Canadianbloggergirl said...

mmmm sounds exciting...i can't wait

Dominic said...

Name him "Englebert"

Victoria said...

Heh, Just Sayin, Heh.

Thanks CBG :)

Ummmmmm, yes, Dominic I... could. ;)

Dominic said...

It's Eddie Izzard's fault - whenever people are searching for a name, "We shall call him Engelbert" always leaps to my mind :)

Victoria said...

Heh