Friday 20 August 2010

Part One


So, I met someone at the wedding.

Well, honestly, I met a ton of people at the wedding and some I really really liked, but this particular someone was a guy and he's been stuck in my brain and I can't seem to shake it. Yet.

There weren't a whole lot of us single folks at the wedding (a whole other post entirely) and from what I saw there only seemed to be a few guys there without dates.

I'd already been told that one of the groomsmen was single and he was a hilarious, nice guy and we got along great. But he's not the guy I'm referring to.

Neither is the owner of the back you see in this photo. I just couldn't resist. I even told this guy "I'm taking gratuitous shots of you cooking half-naked you know" and he didn't seem to mind.

The wedding was out of town and as part of the wedding party, I travelled there a day before the ceremony. Everyone was there, both families, the wedding party and their husbands and wives. There were a few kids too and a very affectionate dog.

When I arrived, a little discombobulated from travelling and an earlier than usual start to the day, the parents' house was a full, happy place. I walked in and said hello to my friend and the other bridesmaids and met a few people I hadn't met before. Once we'd all been introduced, I went to grab myself a glass of water.

I was wandering through the house towards the kitchen when I came across this guy sitting at a computer working on something. He had longer, dark hair falling over into his eyes (I say this because this is what I noticed first) and I felt a little bit like I'd walked into an invisible wall. He looked up. "Hey," I said, keeping walking, not really trusting myself to say anything else. He said hello and went back to his work and I remember thinking to myself "Damn, I wonder whose husband he is. Lucky girl." And I went on with my day.

I didn't see much of him for the rest of that day, but did meet all of the bridesmaid's husbands and discovered that this guy didn't belong to any of them. Which didn't really matter anyway, because we didn't talk at all that night, which wasn't hard to do; there were so many people to talk to and everyone was so much fun.

I'm not really sure I thought about him much that evening, to be honest, but every once in a while, I'd see him and I couldn't figure him out.

You know how you usually can get a read on people? Like, you can tell if they're arrogant or sweet or a loudmouth or goofball or just a really great person? I couldn't get a read on this guy at all.

Was he arrogant and full of himself? I figured probably not because none of the other groomsmen were and it'd be odd if the groom had a bunch of great guy friends and this one arrogant one.

Was he shy? It didn't seem that way, he was talking with some people, probably the ones he knew best.

But, like I say, I didn't think much about it. I wrote him off as someone I'd initially been attracted to, but had lost interest in when it became clear he wasn't interested in me.

(To be continued. . .)

5 comments:

Canadianbloggergirl said...

way to keep a girl hanging!

Dominic said...

Playing hard to get? Tut, oldest trick in the book :)

Victoria said...

So is that what he was doing? Because it certainly wasn't what I was doing.

Anonymous said...

suspense story...

Victoria said...

Too much typing for all in one go! ;)