Thursday 28 October 2010

Brain On Strike

I really don't feel like writing anything today so I decided to re-copy (wait, is that even a word?) an old blog post of mine (actually copied from someone else too) to see if anything new came up different from last time. Wow, this has been an excellent first paragraph. Can you see why I don't feel like writing? So here goes:

Here's what I gone and done. Again.
1. Put iTunes on shuffle so that random songs come up.
2. Pressed play.
3. Wrote down each song as the answer to each question as it came up.
4. Laughed hysterically at times and nodded wisely at others.

Q. What would best describe your personality?
A. You Never Can Tell (Chuck Berry)
I guess that means I'm unpredictable?

Q. If some one says it's okay you say...
A. Love Song (Sky)
Because everyone knows love's ok.

Q. What do you like in a guy?
A. I'm Blue (Eifel 65)
Well, apparently I'm looking to date a Naavi. This may explain why I'm having difficulty finding someone to date? (Wow, this is a really annoying song. Why do I still have it in my music library?)

Q.How do you feel today?
A. Hey Joe (Jimi Hendrix)
Well, I guess the title means that I'm feeling friendly? But the song itself, kinda sexy no?

Q.What is your life's purpose?
A. Waiting On An Angel (Ben Harper)
Awwwwww!

Q. What is your motto?
A. Bubble Toes (Jack Johnson)
Yup. Bubble toes man. Bubble toes.

Q. What do your friends think of you?
A. Look What You've Done (Jet)
I guess that would mean they're proud of me and everything I've done :)

Q. What do you think of your friends?
A. Blackbird (Beatles Cover by Sarah McLachlan)
As in, they're beautiful and add joy to my life.

Q. What do you think of your parents?
A. Green Spandex (Xavier Rudd)
Cool and funky and rare. (Actually, the words to this song are quite beautiful and moving and make me think of my Mom)

Q.What do your parents think of you?
A. Journey to the Center of the Mind (Ted Nugent and the Amboy Dukes)
Wow. They think I think a lot or something?

Q. What do you think about very often?
A. Eight Days A Week (The Beatles)
Well, only if the extra day is another weekend day!

Q. What do you think of your best friend(s)?
A. More Than Words (Extreme
Awwwwwwwww! That's so true!

Q. What do you think of the person you love?
A. Push It (Salt 'N Pepa)
Ha!

Q.What is your life story?
A. Come Together (The Beatles)
Interesting. . .

Q. What do you want to be when you grow up?
A. Riverboat Fantasy
A riverboat captain, apparently!

Q. What do you think when you see the person you love?
A. Because (The Beatles)
Fair enough.

Q. What is your hobby/interest?
A. Masochism Tango (Tom Lehrer)
Oh no.

Q. What will they play at your funeral?
A. Naked As We Came. (Iron & Wine)
Actually, they could. . .

Q. What is your biggest secret?
A. Magic Carpet Ride (Steppenwolf)
No idea.


So that was fun! I forgot I have a ton of music I don't listen to as much. Or, in some cases, at all!
I should put iTunes on shuffle more often.

Later skaters, I've got me some music to listen to.

4 comments:

Claus said...

A. Masochism Tango (Tom Lehrer)

ROFL

I love that song and haven't heard it since sometime in the 80's. I'll have to dig up that old cassette and see if I still have something to play it in. :P

Victoria said...

My folks introduced me to Tom Lehrer and I give him a listen every once in a while :)

Jonathan said...

I remember you posting this before :)

It's still a fantastic idea for a blog post, and makes about as much sense as Tarot :)

Victoria said...

It's funny, when I couldn't think of what to write, I remembered this post from before too!

And, yeah, it's a fun post :)