Tuesday 9 November 2010

And Welcome Your Host. . . Victoria!

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Victoria's biannual Get Confused By The Time Change Post!

(Crowd goes wild with applause, cameras pan to happy audience members cheering)

Well, well, well, here we are again folks! (pauses, smiles at the audience)

Not sure if I've ever mentioned this to you before, but I don't like the time change!

(Audience roars with appreciative laughter, show shot of woman nodding in sympathy)

So, how about that darkness, eh? Is it early enough for you?!

(Drum kit plays the bum dum dum *crash* thing)

Any farmers in the audience today? (quiet smattering of applause)

Oh, good, great! Apparently we're doing this all for you, so make sure to send me some produce. (audience chuckles)

That is, if you can get it to me before it gets dark.

You know, at FOUR THIRTY! (makes funny face at audience)

So, has anyone asked themselves what time it *actually is yet*? Yeah, I still have no idea? It feels like one time, but all my clocks say it's another. And my stomach? It's just got no idea!

(audience laughs, hosts pats belly and winks)

And how about those evenings, hmmm? Good thing they invented electricity. Otherwise, your gerbils have a hard time powering your laptop for the long, dark evenings. (cut to one woman laughing so hard she's wiping the tears from her eyes.)

But hey, we all know that this one's darker but easier than the next one. That next one's a doozie!

So thanks for coming out folks. Hope you enjoyed the show.

We may see you again next week, all depending on . . . say it with me now. . . "How Confused I Get By The Time Change!"

(Audience cheers again and host leaves the stage, blowing kisses and waving. Fade to commercials)

6 comments:

Dominic said...

I do appreciate the extra hour in bed, I'll grant it that much...

It's livened up my motorbike rides home more than somewhat - working in literally the middle of nowhere, about four miles from the nearest streetlights, with wet leaves on the road and the wind howling around, and all these clueless fecking car drivers going the other way... Roll on summer

Laura said...

I don't actually think we do the time change for the farmers. Saskatchewan is mostly farming and they don't change their clocks at all. And I am pretty sure that animals don't go by the clock....

Chantal_Wannabe said...

Laura I thought it was so farmers could work longer days in the field... Not for animals

Jonathan said...

If it's any consolation, our children have not figured out the clock change either - they were up, shouting, laughing and crashing around at 5am this morning...

Stephanie Hunter said...

Oh my goodness. I so agree with you. The way I cope- count down to December 22 when things start getting longer again. I believe we are down to 41 days. Also, I tend to turn on every light in my apartment to trick myself into thinking the sun didn't really set at noon!

Victoria said...

I appreciate the lighter mornings, Dominic, but haven't noticed the extra hour in bed!

It's funny Laura, when I was growing up we were told by teachers and our parents that it was for the farmers. Now no one seems quite sure who it's for anymore! :)

I think it's to mess with my mind Chantal, that's why we do it ;)


Yeah, kids don't know there was a time change, that's for sure, eh?

Hmmm, 41 days is not so bad Stephanie! Ok, 41 days and then it'll start getting lighter again! I can do it!