Monday 10 March 2008

The Time Change Makes Me Unsmart

Uttered by me this afternoon: Why is the mall closed? It's FIVE THIRTY? How did that happen...oh... right. Time change.

Uttered by me this evening: It's ten o'clock already? But! Oh. Right. Time change.

What will be uttered by me tomorrow morning: What the (bleeped out)? There is no way it's morning. (Bleep)ing time change.

Uttered by my brother yesterday morning: What's up with the time? The ships left the harbour at totally the wrong time today, what's up with that? (Um, dude? Time change.) How he missed it will forever be a mystery to me. A wonderfully amusing mystery.

Uttered by my brain on my way home last night: Hmmm, that sign hasn't adjusted their flashing clock sign yet, it's actually half past twelve. (Five minutes later) And, hey, look at that gas station, they didn't change their clock yet either. (Ten minutes pass) Wow, there's another gas station that hasn't changed their clock. (Nearly home now) This is crazy, the gas stations are all at 11:39 when they should be at 12:19, I can't believe they all (pause) (brain clicks into gear). Oh, that's not saying 11:39, it's the gas price; 113.9. I hang my head in shame.

Still not a fan of the whole time change thing

3 comments:

McGone said...

Are you still writing 2007 on your checks too?

dilling said...

time change?
that explains a lot!

Victoria said...

Not only that, McGone? Now I'm writing February 2007. Sigh.



Dilling, you just made me snort!