Wednesday 15 December 2010

Novel


I think I've always wanted to be a writer.

A book author, a novelist, someone who got paid real money to write stories that other people read.

I've always written things. My Mom has boxes full of little books I wrote and illustrated as a kid, the staples as binding and sometimes? The stories still make me laugh. I think I was a cute kid. I'd have liked to have met me.

I write here, yes, and I'm glad I do for a number of reasons, but I'd also really like to write a book.

It fascinates me to read books. To read the world that someone has invented, the people they created, the stories they go through.

And that's where I get stuck.

Sure, I write here and tell a version of my life, but I can't figure out how you tell a story that's not yours. How you tell a story that's not true.

But I want to, would love to make enough that that was what I did.

I'd love to write a book, a novel, but the only story I know is mine, and I still don't know how it ends.

4 comments:

Just Sayin... said...

Awesome!
So you write the first book as an intro to you, and the second, third, fourth book could reveal how it ends. ;)

Have you been in contact with a literary agent yet? Let us know what happens. It's not a fast process from what I understand.

Good luck!!!!

Single and Picky said...

Do it! Maybe write the ending you want or the crazy ending you'd never want...

Kas said...

Start with what you know and let it evolve and take a life of it's own. By the time editing is done, it will be an entirely different thing then from when you started.

I look forward to reading it!

~Kas

Victoria said...

No JS, I haven't been in contact with anybody, just my imagination ;) But thanks :)

Or maybe SnP, the crazy ending you'd never want that actually turns into the ending you wanted but just didn't know? ;)

Thanks Kas. Now I just have to figure out what I know? Hee