Friday 11 February 2011

Ohhhhhhhhh

The other night a week or two ago as I was falling asleep there was a noise coming from my neighbour's place that I couldn't quite figure out.

It wasn't regular enough to be, well, you know, and it wasn't a cooking noise, which I don't normally hear from them anyway.

It wasn't loud enough to be hammering or decorating and it was late enough that I couldn't logically figure out what they were doing.

And darn it all if the noise wasn't just familiar enough to bug me. Was it a rocking chair? Someone stapeling? What was that pop, click noise and why did I know it?

I could not place the noise so I popped my earplugs in and went to bed thinking I'd just have to live with not knowing what that "not quite a popping" noise was.

Fast forward to two nights ago and I hear this noise all over again. And I know what it is because I swear I've heard it before but I can not for the life of me figure out what it is and I'm almost ready to throw on my robe and go next door to demand they tell me what it is they're doing when it hits me:

It was that pop the dome to roll the dice thing in the middle of that board game Trouble*! Ahhhhh, that's what that noise is, of course!

And now my mind can rest. Whew.


The Game of Trouble: TV Commercial


*My first thought was that it was the game Sorry, but google sorted me out. Thanks internets!

3 comments:

Just Sayin... said...

hahahahahah or some weird kinky sex act.

Kas said...

I agree w/ JS!!

I didn't even know that game was still around!

Victoria said...

Gosh, I hope not JS!

I've seen it in a few people's basements Kas :)