Monday 7 February 2011

Weekend Update

Last week was (don't talk about work don't talk about work don't talk about work) so I found myself barely able to keep my eyes open at 6:30 on Friday night.

No, really.

I made myself stay up til nine, at which point I collapsed into bed and had what was probably the best realization possible.

I was lying there my mind half asleep but still thinking of all the things I had to deal with at work the next day when suddenly some smarter part of my brain went "Dude. It's Friday. You don't have to go to work for two days!"

It was awesome. Best feeling ever.

I woke up early-ish anyway to go for a run (you guys can you believe I'm typing that and it's actually for real?!) with a friend and then lazed about for the rest of the day. (Going for a run allows one to do this and feel totally guilt free by the way.)

I then hung out with James and got flirted with a bit by some guys at the pub which was nice and then slept in majorly on Sunday, debating just how long I could stay in my pjs and if I did, in fact, need to get groceries or if they could wait til Monday.

What a glorious debate to have with yourself, by the way. . . do I *have* to do anything today or can they wait so that I may just sit and do nothing in my coziest of jammies today?

So, crazy single life weekend full of wild parties and late nights? Yeah, not so much. But a great weekend nonetheless and just what I needed.

How was yours?

8 comments:

Just Sayin... said...

Last week, I thought Monday was Thursday....everyday.
I love weekends where I get up and move from the bed to the couch and never get out of my jammies.

Showering, grociers, etc can all wait til they HAVE to be done.

Yay jammies!!!

Single and Picky said...

It was an actually semi-productive weekend - no run, though I wanted to - have to give the bod a week off for running a marathon - only fair.

I started the epic clean and purge of 2011 in preparation for my new roommate to move in. It's weird making space for someone new and trying to figure out if I can make things more streamlined for me and ultimatetly the two of us before they move in... So fun times.

I support casually active weekends - they are in my opinion what we need - a recharge time

Dominic said...

It took three attempts and two new razors, but I finally managed to get clean-shaven for the first time in three weeks.

That was pretty much the hilight :)

Victoria said...

Bed to couch is the best weekend day ever JS! Woot! Yay jammies!

Glad you gave your body a rest SnP :) And good for you cleaning!

Well done Dominic!

saumyaramesh said...

weekends in india.... family dinner time where mum nd dad vent out bout all the things we did wrong the whole week ... nd den i watched reruns of gilmore girls .. stayed in bed ... up all nyt long :)

Victoria said...

Gilmore Girls, fun! :)

Kas said...

Spent ALL day Sat with my Hubs. FINALLY-- just him and me! We watched the UFC fight with a couple -- OK, A LOT! -- of cocktails.

It was awesomeness!

Sunday that THING was on TV so his son and his sister and his niece and great nephews and daughter-in-law and so on and so forth(you get the idea) cam over. I ate chili. yay. BUT I WON THE POOL!!! All $20!! :D

Victoria said...

Sounds like a great one Kas! Good for you :D