Thursday 17 February 2011

Yep, Still Twelve

Just in case you thought I'd matured at all, allow me to assure you I have not.

Case in point: I was at the grocery store picking up the ingredients to try out another slow cooker recipe.

I went to the meat section and asked the fellow there for a pot roast. He asked me if I was going to be slow cooking it and I said yes! my face lighting up because he wasn't treating me like the newbie cook I feel like.

"Ok then, I recommend this butt roast," he said.

To which I giggled.

Out loud.

At which point he went on to explain that it wasn't actually from the rear, but was from the leg.

To which I could only respond "yes, but it's funny."

I swear I'm not like this all the time.

Most of the time I'm really quite mature.


Updated to add: Joke's on me. Just went to put the roast in the slow cooker and it's pork not beef. Something makes me wonder if I'd maybe not been chortling if I'd have noticed. D'oh!

Up-Updated to add: Apparently when I updated this this morning before work, I accidentally changed the posting time 'til 8pm. Whoops! Hi! How are you?

6 comments:

Kas said...

LOL!

I would've giggled and then said to the meat guy: "You said BUTT!" and giggled some more!!

TGIF!

Stephanie Hunter said...

I understand. The word "bun" makes me laugh. Every time.

Just Sayin... said...

*butt*... giggle.

Victoria said...

Ok ,we could totally shop together Kas! lol

Perfect Stephanie ;)

Heh... butt... heh....Awesome JS

Unknown said...

I just giggled reading this. Thanks! :)

Victoria said...

:)