Friday 3 June 2011

Spin


I'm weirdly optimistic.

Or maybe I should say that I'm optimistic in a way that I'm not sure is helpful but I may as well stop fighting it because I've been like this for as long as I can remember and I don't think it's going to change now.

And maybe it's not a bad thing anyway. Maybe it doesn't have to change.

When someone starts to tell me about a guy my first gut, unchecked, before I even think about it thought is "ooooh, maybe he'll be my husband!"

As in "Hey, Victoria, there's a new guy starting work here next week."

"OOOh, hey! Maybe he'll be my husband!"

Or, "Hey, Victoria, you're getting a new neighbour in your building."

"Oooooooh! Maybe he'll be my husband!"

I don't know, I guess I'm just always excited at the prospect that my future best guy friend and future lover and future partner in life might be about to walk into my life and that I get to meet him.

I used to think that it was rather pathetic and desperate of me but now, like I said, I think I'm just going to stop fighting it and tell myself that it just means I'm an eternally hopeful optimist and that one of these times I'm going to turn out to be right.

5 comments:

Just Sayin... said...

Awwww I love this!
You have faith in love! A hopeless romantic at heart.

This post made my morning.

Dominic said...

And yet my first thought on reading this was that your future husband might get offended if you don't break this habit after you get married :)

Anonymous said...

I always think the same thing! It may sound crazy, yes, but I can't imagine going through meeting someone assuming they're going to be a jerk either. Keep that faith alive! :-)

Claudy said...

I'd say it's better to stay optimistic even if it leads to disappointments every now and then than to become cynical. Cynicism just makes the world grey.

Victoria said...

JS, I guess I do and I guess I am :)

Oh man I hope I do Dominic! ;)

I'll keep the faith alive if you do too Sass! :D

I hope so Claudy. And, yes, it sure does ;)