Wednesday, 10 August 2011

The Next Day

The next day was moving day for C-Dawg, and when I talked to her in the morning she gave me very specific instructions: "If there's any chance of you seeing this guy this morning, don't you dare rush over here!" So when I got a text from him a few minutes later asking how I'd slept, I figured she wouldn't mind if I took a few hours out of moving day to hang out with him again.

We arranged to meet and go down to the BC day celebrations downtown. (There's a lot goes on in this town over the August long weekend) I was nervous and excited to see him, but I wasn't worried.

The night before had been so...easy. That's the only way I can describe it. It was easy and fun and relaxed and we'd laughed a lot and had so much to talk about, my nervousness wasn't from worry that it would be awkward, it was from excitement to see him again and wondering what on earth I would wear and would he still think I was cute in the daylight?

We walked around and looked at the exhibits and listened to some music and the only thing that was a little uncomfortable with me was knowing how close to sit with him. I didn't want to be too touchy feely, but I didn't want to be too distant either. So instead of worrying too much about it, I just sat and didn't care.

After a while we left the music place and sat to watch a show, and there we just talked and talked. He told me about his past relationship and what hadn't gone well there, and we talked a bit about our families and what we did for work and we talked about why we were both on the dating site and how it'd gone for us.

I'd told him that I had to go help C-Dawg move and it was a bummer when it came to be that time. I didn't want to leave, just wanted to stay and hang out and talk some more. It was that relaxing. And nice. It was really good.

But we headed out and exchanged a nice hug when we got to my place with a promise to see each other again soon.

I headed over to C-Dawg where the hired helpers had done the heavy work and both she and her parents started teasing me for the huge grin I had on my face.

And then continued to tease me as this guy and I texted back and forth for most of the rest of the day.

I think what I said to C-Dawg that day was that I really liked this guy. I liked him but I was nervous.

I didn't want to get too excited about something and end up disappointed.

I'd met too many guys online who then proceeded to not want to hang out another time and while this was different, I still didn't want to build it up too much and end up disappointed.

But by the end of that day, we'd both let each other know that we'd enjoyed our time together and were really looking forward to seeing each other again. It was really nice.


Blogger Kas said...


Still need MORE!!!


Wednesday, August 10, 2011 12:34:00 pm  
Blogger Singlicious said...

Wow, that's AWESOME! He sounds great. So happy for you, and can't wait to hear more!


Wednesday, August 10, 2011 6:31:00 pm  
Blogger Victoria said...

On it Kas ;)

Thanks Singlicious :)

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 8:05:00 pm  

Post a comment

<< Home

Please don't steal stuff from here, it's not nice. But leave a comment, why don't cha? And drink more water. It's good for you.

P.S. If you think you know me? You probably don't. If you're sure you know me? Pretend you don't. I'll never admit I know what you're talking about anyway.

P.P.S. All this stuff is copyright from then til now (Like, 2006-2020 and then some.) Kay? Kay.