Thursday 11 August 2011

Tuesday

And The Living Is Easy by foundimagination
This was my third giddy day in a row.

For the last two days, as soon as my alarm went off I couldn't fall back asleep. As soon as my brain woke up, a smile was on my face and my stomach would be all butterflies. Add that on to two nights of being unable to sleep due to happy excited thoughts and I was the happiest tired person in the world.

I'd taken the day off work to help C-Dawg with her unpacking and this guy and I sent texts back and forth all day. Every time my phone would buzz, C-Dawg would tease me and I'd jump up all happy to read his text, smile and answer back. Our texts continued to be funny and sweet and interesting and at one point, C-Dawg's Dad smiled at me and said "let the poor boy work already!" It was pretty cute.

I was pretty exhausted at the end of the day but I knew I was going away for work in a couple of days and that the two of us wouldn't be able to see each other at all during the next week, so when he texted to ask if I was just going to crash on my couch, I told him no, I'd really like to see him, just something mellow. We figured out that we'd go for a walk and he told me that he just wanted to see me and talk some more and that it didn't really matter to him where we went.

Awwwww.

Well, double aww actually, because that's exactly what I'd been thinking. So later that evening, we met up and went for a walk down to the water.

We sat there and talked until it got cold and then we talked some more. We both talked about things we wanted the other to hear before we went any further and I told him that I tended to rush physically into my relationships and that I didn't want to do that this time, but that being in that place I didn't know how to...date, really. I explained that I usually just met a guy and got physically intimate with him right away and so I wasn't sure how to build a relationship from scratch. He told me a few things I'm slightly wary of, but while the evening was a lot of heavy conversation, it was still really really nice.

We both talked about how easy and relaxing it was to be with each other and I kept thinking to myself that this thing has a lot of potential.

It had been the happiest three days, and the best start to any relationship I'd ever had.

Not that it was necessarily the start of a relationship, I had to remind myself, but... it was good, had me happy, I started to think of what it might be like to do things with this guy, to hang out more and more, and I liked the idea of it.

A lot.

I was cautiously optimistic. I liked this guy, quite a lot. We were happy and easy and relaxed together. We had a lot in common and a seemingly endless amount of things to talk about. We were both interested in each other and seeing where things went and I was willing to start letting my guard down and seeing where I could end up.

Cautious. But optimistic for sure.

4 comments:

Sharron said...

I love this post. I am hopefully optimistic for you.

Singlicious said...

Same here: Cautiously optimistic for you, too! So glad you're having so much fun with him!

Singlicious
http://my-s-word.blogspot.com/

Just a Guy said...

I've read your blog for a bit now and I'm glad you may have found a new relationship. There is a but, though...

When you get physical or not is obviously your decision, totally. I would just keep that type of talk to myself, if I was you. What guys hear when you say that is, "I usually sleep with all my guys right away, but I'm going to make you wait.", and that's not perceived as a good thing.

I definitely think you should hold out it you want to have this guy to view you as LTR material though.

Victoria said...

Thanks Sharron.

Me too Singlicious :)

Good advice, Just a Guy ;)