Monday 29 August 2011

Not A Morning Person

I don't like waking up.

Now, I don't mean that morbidly, I just mean I don't like the actual process of having to stop sleeping and get out of bed.

I can, almost always, sleep longer. I used to, in fact, just sleep until I woke up (on non work days of course) but I find that now that means I can't fall asleep as well the next night which means I can't wake up as well the next day and so on and so on.

When I'm all curled up and cozy in my comfortable, lovely bed I can't see why I should have to leave.

So when you combine my comfortable dozy state and my tired sleepiness, I never enjoy the process of having to get out of bed.

It's easier, so much easier, when it's light out in the mornings. And I think it's easier when I've taken better care of myself during the day/week.

But, man, I wish mornings, and specifically the waking up and getting out of bed portion were easier or at least less painful for me.

Seriously.

3 comments:

Solitary Diner (Also Known as The Frugalish Physician) said...

I could also do without getting out of bed. Ever. Sadly, I have yet to find a legal career that can be done from my bed.

Anonymous said...

I usually wake up and sit on the edge of the bed. But my darn bed is so sneaky. He usually starts with pst pst. I look around and realize it's my bed and is pst-ing me. Then he starts to whisper something.
I can't quite hear him. I think he said he need to tell me something. Yup, that's what he said. Hey Layla, my beds saids I need to tell you something, come closer.
I start to lean over til my head touches my slow warm pillow....then my bed starts to hum a lullaby and .Zzzzzzzzzzzzz - told ya, *sneaky bed. I fall for it every morning ugh.

Layla Joanes

Victoria said...

I know SD, I wish someone would pay me to stay in bed for most of the day and then lounge around on my couch!

Ahhhh, tricky bed indeed Layla!!!!