Friday 16 September 2011

It's OK

One of the other guys I was talking to and I exchanged cell phone numbers and he was going to text me a couple of weekends ago to meet.

And then he was going to text me last weekend to meet.

And then he was going to text me this weekend to meet.

I'm not terribly offended or anything that he hasn't texted to meet, as I said, I wasn't totally into meeting any of the guys I was talking to.

But add on to that this funny little story, and it's maybe best that we don't meet.

I went out for sushi with my Mom last week and she told me about how she and my Dad went out for dinner with their friends and met a new couple, friends of the friends kind of thing.

She went on to tell me that this nice lady told her that her son had just started on an online dating site and so my Mom told me to watch out for a fellow who did Job X on the site.

Er... Job X? I said. Could this fellow possibly have dark hair?

Well, yes, his Dad did.

Um, did this fellow also have an older brother and a nephew?

Yes, I think the nice lady told me about a grandson.

Ok, Mom, come to the computer here. *I bring up the website* Could this be that couple's son?

Oooh, he does kind of look like his Dad!

So, it's probably for the best that this guy and I don't end up meeting because it would be really weird to have to say... so... guess what, my Mom really likes your Mom!

Awkward!

5 comments:

AmericanBridget (Jones) said...

Hang in there. I was stood up last night. A few guy I had met online. We had arranged for a meet up at a wine bar last night and he totally never called and stood me up.

Online dating is the pits, but it only takes one guy to melt our hearts.

Keep after it my friend, keep after it.

Solitary Diner (Also Known as The Frugalish Physician) said...

Online dating in a smallish city can be awkward for the very reason you describe here. I went on a date years ago with a pharmacist, and I recently found myself working on the same medical ward as him - not my favourite experience. As for the getting stood up, it happens to anyone who online dates. People can be inconsiderate jerks, and the anonymity of online dating brings that out. Always better to realize what people are like before investing too much time and energy.

Victoria said...

I will Bridget.... until I need to take a mental break from it for a while ;)

Totally true SD.

Anonymous said...

That's a sign, don't forget to watch out for them. I think one is a good sign too...

Victoria said...

I'm all about the signs! (I just sometimes can't figure out what they mean) ;)