Saturday 8 October 2011

Sorts, Out Of

In All Its Glory by foundimagination
I'm missing taking photos.

And I know the answer to that is simple; get back out there and take photos.

I'm also missing being firm in my exercise routine.

I was for a while, and then Chad happened and I got wrapped up in the drama (I know I shouldn't have, don't remind me) and then I had to move and I got wrapped up in the panic and uncertainty around that and then I was packing and work got busy and now here I am feeling lost and like I'm letting things slide, but also needing and wanting to give myself a break and letting myself be less than everything. Which is hard.

It's a lame excuse, but it's hilly around here and around my apartment it's super easy to just head out the door and walk to the store or the water or even just around the beautiful tree lined streets. Here, I'm not sure where I'd walk and I'm not sure what I'd look at.

And it's nearer my spy cave, so it's hard to tell myself to not just go straight home.

I should really just strap on my camera and go wandering after work, but all I can come up with right now is excuses.

This relocation is messing with my mojo. And my mojo was already a little bit off. And I feel like I'd only just gotten it back after my Dad's surgery.

August wasn't great to me and September's been a bit of a "get through it" month.

I know that getting back to taking photos and getting back to my exercise routines will help. But I still don't even have routines here, where I'm living.

I feel like a dog whose owner has taken away their dog bed and I just can't settle. I feel almost desperate for down time, but I'm not sure how to really get it.

Maybe this weekend will help somewhat?

2 comments:

Solitary Diner (Also Known as The Frugalish Physician) said...

I think we all go through periods of time where we get derailed from our usual routine and feel out of sorts with our lives. When it happens to me (as it is right now), I usually find that I need to wallow in it and be lazy for a bit until I become frustrated with my wallowing and find the motivation to get back on track. Here's hoping you find your way back soon.

Once you do find yourself out taking photos again, I personally would be quite happy to see an entire post of photos. Your photos are gorgeous!

Victoria said...

Yeah, I think this post is kind of my frustration at wallowing in a way :)


And, thanks! :)