Thursday 24 May 2012

Change of Tack

Back in February, I started taking a few minutes at the end of the day to write down what went well.

I liked doing it and even now, when I've had a bad day but don't feel like harping about it in my diary, I take a breath and think about what went well for the day. And it helps. The day may still have been crappy and tough, but I like acknowledging the good moments in there too.

So I woke up this morning and realized I could do that here for a second; talk about what went well in the last week or so.

So, in no particular order...here are some things that have gone well this past week.

- my co-worker friend and I went shopping and she helped me get some really nice new tops. After she had to go, I stayed and found a pair of pants that should work for the warmer weather.

- we had a "staff appreciation lunch" at work last week and someone made this ice cream cake concoction that was to die for. So simple but so so good. It was delicious.

- at the same lunch, I had the most perfect strawberry ever. I love it when that happens.

- I've lost five pounds since I started using that calorie tracker app

- I had a laugh until you can't breathe, tears coming out of your eyes moment the other day

- we had delicious chocolate birthday cake this weekend for my Dad's birthday. This time last year we didn't know if there would ever be another birthday. He's doing really really well. This is awesome.

- the trees and plants and flowers are all awesomely colourful and happily in bloom and some people's yards look so amazingly fantastic right now.

So there you go.

6 comments:

Just Sayin... said...

LOVE IT!

We do tend to dwell on the negative and not the positive!

Thanks for the input!

xo

Just a Girl said...

Blerg. Maybe I should start doing this... Sometimes I get caught up in the other stuff and I forget about the good. Thanks for the tip doll. You're good like that ;)

Victoria said...

Yeah, some days it's a bit forced, like, what went well today... um... I smiled. But it does kind of shift your mind over a bit once you do it a few days in a row. And then you start feeling grateful for the little things and remembering that even on a craptastic day, some things still went well.

Yamuna said...

Ice cream, strawberries, chocolate cake?
Reading this is making me salivate.

Dateafrenchman said...

You are so right. I definitely need to start doing this too. We do dwell on what's wrong and the good stuff is just pushed into the background. I'm going to start writing stuff down too. Thanks for the great tip!

Victoria said...

I thought about that when I was writing it Yamuna! :)

So true Datea! ;)