Thursday 17 May 2012

I Go Night Night

Let The Morning Time Drop All Its Petals On Me by foundimagination
Do you ever have one of those days when you get home and although you can't seem to remember doing anything particularly challenging or difficult, you sit down for a second and realize you're completely, utterly exhausted?

Yeah.

I had one of those yesterday.

Had you asked, I would have said the day was easy enough, nothing spectacularly stressful or difficult, and I was debating on the way home if I should go to the gym or wait an hour and go to a yoga class at the gym. I got home and sat down on my couch and all of a sudden I was exhausted.

Like, did I run a marathon or go three days without eating or something? kind of exhausted.

And ordinarily I'd get mad at myself for not going to the gym, or tell myself that I was just being wimpy, but instead, I lay down on my couch and curled up in my blankie and noodled around on the internet.

Can't tell you why I was so tired. Not enough protein....not enough water...too much heat this week...stress and anxiety let down, I don't know. It was just crazy to be home on a bright, gorgeous sunny day and wanting nothing more than to curl up and have a nap.

It's a weird balance between the days I should push myself to get to the gym because I'm just feeling a little bit lazy and the days like yesterday when my body apparently just needed to rest. And I know some people believe you push through no matter what, but I'm starting to believe that's not always the best thing to do.

So how was your Wednesday afternoon?

2 comments:

Dominic said...

It was fine. It contained kittens. In a tank.

Victoria said...

That is fantastic!