Thursday, 11 October 2012

For A While

Lean by foundimagination
Every once in a while I get a message from someone on the online dating site I still haven't completely abandoned, and we end up carrying on a good conversation for a while.

But even that no longer gets me excited.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I enjoy the conversation and the attention, even if it's virtual, and it's something to look forward to during the day;  will he have messaged me?  What will he have said?  Will it make me smile?  Etc.

But the reason I no longer get excited, or perhaps hopeful is the better word here, is that I know it won't last very long.

Either the conversation will dwindle off or stop completely, or we'll meet and then won't message any more or something, and so I just try to enjoy it for that week or so, or for those few days.

I certainly don't have the energy to meet a stranger right now, and there don't seem to be that many opportunities off line to meet people, so it's still the shrug-worthy status quo of nothing new in the romance world.

I mean, other than the cute, new married guy at work.  I suppose additional eye candy doesn't hurt.  Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Please don't steal stuff from here, it's not nice. But leave a comment, why don't cha? And drink more water. It's good for you.

P.S. If you think you know me? You probably don't. If you're sure you know me? Pretend you don't. I'll never admit I know what you're talking about anyway.

P.P.S. All this stuff is copyright from then til now (Like, 2006-2017 and then some.) Kay? Kay.