Thursday 11 October 2012

For A While

Lean by foundimagination
Every once in a while I get a message from someone on the online dating site I still haven't completely abandoned, and we end up carrying on a good conversation for a while.

But even that no longer gets me excited.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I enjoy the conversation and the attention, even if it's virtual, and it's something to look forward to during the day;  will he have messaged me?  What will he have said?  Will it make me smile?  Etc.

But the reason I no longer get excited, or perhaps hopeful is the better word here, is that I know it won't last very long.

Either the conversation will dwindle off or stop completely, or we'll meet and then won't message any more or something, and so I just try to enjoy it for that week or so, or for those few days.

I certainly don't have the energy to meet a stranger right now, and there don't seem to be that many opportunities off line to meet people, so it's still the shrug-worthy status quo of nothing new in the romance world.

I mean, other than the cute, new married guy at work.  I suppose additional eye candy doesn't hurt.  Sigh.

No comments: