Wednesday 12 December 2012

On

One of the things that has helped me over the past week has been watching my friend moving forward with her life.

I think, maybe, she did a lot of her mourning when they were told he didn't have much more time, whereas mine didn't really come until their visit.

But it does help to see that she's ok, and her daughter's birthday celebrations went ahead and a cake was made and life does indeed move on.  And I think that's what her Dad would most have wanted.

My life has kept going, just a little heavier than usual, and, well, this too shall pass. 

I have many things to talk with/to you about but right now I keep staring at the date and going 12/12/12.  Cool.

And so I'll leave you with that.  It's a pretty cool date today.

How are you?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course I think it's a cool day-it's my birthday and 12 is my favorite number.

brandi

Victoria said...

That's awesome Brandi! Happy Birthday! :D

Anonymous said...

12.12.12 is not much to those of us who are waiting for 21.12.12 (as they type here) or 21.21.12 there in my homeland when EVERYTHING is going to end! all these 12s! No need to fret about xmas gifts ... we are not going to get there! or be here is more to the point ...
Cdn Anne in Cambridge (the old one) thinking of eating the chocs set aside for the hols

Victoria said...

Ahhhh yes, the end of the world is nigh... kind of sucks, but you probably should just eat all those chocolates then! :D