Tuesday 25 June 2013

Wondering

Something I was wondering this weekend was if my extra blue not so fun mood/feeling was partly (or very much-ly?) due to what I ate/drank.

Friday, a friend asked if I wanted to go sit on a patio in the sun and have a drink to celebrate Solstice and Summer being here.

I really hardly drink anymore as it hasn't agreed with my stomach in a while, but I figured a mojito wouldn't hurt and my stomach was fine and all in all it was a nice evening in the sun.

But I woke up blue on Saturday, and it's something I think I maybe noticed last time I had a drink.  Alcohol is a depressant, and the last time or two I've had a drink, my stomach hasn't liked it and I've been blue the next day.

So that could have been part of it.

And then even though I went out into the gorgeous sunny Saturday weather, I was still blah, and so it seemed like a good idea to get a Slurpee and Doritos for lunch.

Woke up Sunday morning still yucky after a dream where Jay and I were happily back together in bed waking up together, and so I started the morning off with a Cadbury's Creme Egg that I found in a dollar store last week.

So I felt like crap and I ate like crap and I wonder just how related the two are.  Or cyclical.  Or whatever.

Just.... blah.

I didn't even enjoy eating like crap because I felt like crap and I hope it doesn't rain all this week, because that's not very cheery at all.

2 comments:

Val said...

I can totally relate. I can not have any alcohol these days without feeling really crappy. I first noticed it with especially sugary drinks, but now it's with everything.

Victoria said...

Totally.... :/