Saturday, 31 August 2013

I Know It's Not Just Me

Buzz by foundimagination
I have been like this always, and my Mom used to tell me that the reason we never had a dog was because of it, but for me?  Bug bites itch.

Like, forever.

As I'm writing this (a week and a half ago, if we're honest) I've got a welt of a bug bite on my knee.

And it's COMPLETELY itchy.

And it's been there for at least a week.

I've put lotion on it, and yes, I've scratched it, but you'd think after a day the thing would stop?  But no, not me.  Bitey bugs seem to love me, and I seem to really dislike them.

My Mom claims that the worst I ever had it was when I stayed at a friend's house overnight and they had a monkey.  (That part's true.  They had a trampoline too.  At the time, both were equally exotic.  I remember spending a lot more time on the trampoline than with the monkey.  I seem to remember it being in a cage and being intimidating.  And loud.)  Anyway, they had a monkey, and apparently I came home covered in flea bites.

And, of course, they were massive, massively itchy welts for ages.

So, no pets for us.

Mosquitos will do it too, and no-se'ems, and whatever else it is that finds me so juicy.

But, yeah.  Knee is still mega itchy, and me no likey.  And I know I'm not the only one that deals with this!

(Oh and one more thing.  If you get a new bite a couple of days before you go see your massage therapist and he says it's such a doozie he thinks it's a spider bite not a mosquito bite?  Whatever you do, don't google spider bites.  Just promise me, ok?)
Please don't steal stuff from here, it's not nice. But leave a comment, why don't cha? And drink more water. It's good for you.

P.S. If you think you know me? You probably don't. If you're sure you know me? Pretend you don't. I'll never admit I know what you're talking about anyway.

P.P.S. All this stuff is copyright from then til now (Like, 2006-2017 and then some.) Kay? Kay.